How Can I Get Involved
PTO is a volunteer run organization. We need parents like you to help do a variety of tasks. You can get as involved as you’d like by taking a board position, working with various events or simply volunteering for less time intensive roles like lunch monitors or festival staff.
Becoming a Room Coordinator is a great way to get to know your child’s teacher and class and really play an important role in how much our children enjoy their school year. You would help to organize class parties, teacher encouragement activities and other classroom specific activities. If you are interested please contact Angie Stamper (email@example.com).
Hospitality is co-chaired by Angie Lanno (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kendal Cathey (email@example.com). They would love to have your help with any of the many events throughout the year. Below are a list of events and dates.
8/15/16 Monday BOO HOO BREAKFAST (K Parents in Cafeteria 8:15am)
” Monday NEWCOMERS’ WELCOME (5:30pm in Library)
8/17/16 Wednesday FALL PICTURES
8/18/16 Thursday ROOM COORDINATOR MEETING (9:30am in Cafeteria)
9/7-9/21 Wed – Wed SPIRIT NIGHT (Mister Clean )
9/9/16 Thursday GOODIES WITH GRANDPARENTS (September 11th Grandparents Day)
9/30/16 Friday WARRIOR WALK
10/5/16 Wednesday END OF 1ST 9 WEEKS / FALL PICTURE RETAKE
” Thursday PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES (PTO provide staff lunch – 11:30 catered by Blue Coast)
10/28/16 Friday FALL PARTY/PARADE 2pm
11/13/16 Thursday ADOPT A FAMILY COORDINATOR MEETING 9:30am
11/8/16 Tuesday PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – STAFF LUNCHEON provided by PTO (box lunch option)
11/11/16 Friday – THANKSGIVING LUNCH WITH FAMILY in CAFETERIA
12/2/16 Friday SCRIPTS GIFT CARD ORDERS DUE
12/9/16 Friday ADOPT FAMILY ITEMS DUE 9am
12/16/16 Friday STAFF BREAKFAST HOSTED BY 1ST/3RD GRADES
12/21/16 Wednesday ALL GRADES HOLIDAY PARTIES 10:30am – 11:30am ABBREVIATED DAY END OF 2ND 9 WEEKS
2/13-2/14 Mon. & Tues SWEETHEART (FAMILY) BREAKFAST 7:30am in Gym (Split by last name TBD)
2/21/17 Tuesday PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES / STAFF LUNCHEON HOSTED BY K/5TH GRADE (Italian)
2/23/0217 Thursday SPRING INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP PICTURES
3/30/17 POW WOW DINNER /AUCTION 6:30pm-11pm
4/1/17 Saturday POW WOW FESTIVAL 11am-3pm
4/7/17 Friday STAFF LUNCHEON HOSTED BY 2ND/4TH GRADES (Mexican)
TBD Friday 2016-17 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 9am-1pm
TBD Mon – Fri TNREADY (TCAP) TESTING GRADES 3-5
5/1-5/5 Mon – Fri TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
5/12/17 Friday FIELD DAY
5/15/17 Monday FIELD DAY (Rain Day)
Carey Batey and Lynn Vickers are in charge of volunteer coordination. They are asking everyone to update or set up their Volunteer Builder (formerly PTO Manager) files. You can select volunteer opportunities that you may be interested in working on there and they will contact you will additional info. You are not committing to anything just telling them you’re interested in learning more:)
Please go to http://ile.volunteerbuilder.com/.
If you’re already registered from the previous year, then click on ‘Login’ and fill out the box on the left of the page. If you’ve forgotten your password, help is offered. You can update your child’s new teacher, and any other info that needs updating.
If you are registering for the first time, click on ‘Register’ in the upper right corner.
Fill out the form that opens up and click Register Me Now.
- Once you’re logged in, click on the My Info tab. You will then automatically be on the My Profile tab.
- Check your contact information for accuracy, be sure that you’ve given us permission to email you, then scroll down to check boxes for volunteer interests. Please note that this is not a commitment to volunteer, but allows the PTO to know if you are interested in volunteering for an event.
- Custom Field 2, Type your Employer/Business if you or your business will be interested in sponsoring or advertising for one of our school fundraisers.
- To add your children to your profile, click on the Students button on the left of the My Profile screen and then click on New Students (button on the left). Enter your child’s information, including new classroom teacher. Press Submit. If you have more than one child attending Indian Lake, repeat step 3 for each student.
- If you have any problems or concerns, please contact Carrie Batey Volunteer Manager Chair at 615-403-5683 or firstname.lastname@example.org.